Preliminary Layout

    This week my class and I were tasked with the layout of the fundamentals of our magazines. This includes the masthead, main image, selling line, typography/font, content page styling, and feature article title ideas. This week was especially difficult for me because I hadn't started to take pictures. I have been using Pinterest for inspiration on the direction that I want to go in. As far as the masthead goes, I am considering "misfit magazine" I like this title because it gives this almost "rebellious" and "outcast" vibe. My magazine's goal is to embrace what makes us different in the face of society. I think this masthead will appeal to my audience. Secondly, for my main image, I am thinking of it being a group shot at a bird's eye angle. I have been looking at inspiration and I love the feel of this angle. Since my magazine is big on diversity I will also be sure to take pictures of a variety of people. Moving on, my font is still being decided but, I definitely would like to incorporate the font "HEADLINERS." 

    Furthermore, my article title is still being decided but, I wanted to do a feature article surrounding fashion stereotypes. To be more specific, I want to touch on the fashion "rules" in fashion and how we should break them!  This article is not only entertaining but also appeals to my fashion audience. 

Comments